Apricot Pastry Cookies
- Prep Time:
- 1 hr 30 min
- Cook Time:
- 12 min
- Total Time:
- 4 hr 0 min
- 80 cookies
- 2 1/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Apricot Preserves
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- COMBINE flour and salt; set aside. Beat butter and cream cheese in medium bowl until light and fluffy. Stir in flour mixture by hand just until blended.
- DIVIDE dough into fourths, wrap in plastic wrap; chill several hours or overnight.
- HEAT oven to 400ºF. Spray baking sheet lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE apricot preserves, coconut and walnuts; set aside. Roll one fourth of dough at a time on floured pastry cloth or other floured surface into an 8 x 10-inch rectangle. Cut rolled dough into 2-inch squares. Spread each square with 1 teaspoon apricot mixture, leaving edges of dough uncovered.
- MOISTEN one corner of dough with water. Beginning at opposite corner, roll towards moistened corner; press lightly to seal.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Serving Size (1/80 1 cookie), Calories 70 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 25mg, Total Carbohydrate 7g (Dietary Fiber g, Sugars 3g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A %, Vitamin C %, Calcium %, Iron 3%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
When making pizza crusts, use 2 to 2-1/2 cups of bread flour (hard wheat) or 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour (soft wheat).
For a thinner, crisper pizza crust, use White Lily® All-Purpose Flour. For a thicker, chewier crust, use White Lily Bread Flour.