Angel Food Cake with Strawberry Topping
- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 40 min
- Total Time:
- 2 hr
- 12 to 16 servings
- 1 3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 1/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups egg whites, (11 to 12 large eggs)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 (11.75 oz.) jar Strawberry Flavored Topping
- Fresh blueberries and raspberries
- ADJUST rack to lower third of oven. Heat oven to 375ºF. Combine 3/4 cup sugar, flour and salt, sifting three times to blend thoroughly.
- BEAT egg whites, cream of tartar, vanilla and almond extract in large clean bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until foamy. Gradually add remaining 1 cup sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- FOLD flour mixture and water into the egg whites. Spread batter evenly in 10-inch tube pan. Bake 37 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Invert cake pan onto a bottle and cool completely before removing from pan. Serve with strawberry topping and/or fresh berries, if desired.
Serving Size (1/12), Calories 230 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 140mg, Total Carbohydrate 54g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 28g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.