White Lily Snickerdoodles
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 7 min
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 15 min
- 6 dozen cookies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, plus 3 tbsps., divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Spray baking sheets lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
- BEAT sugar, butter and shortening in large bowl with electric mixer. Beat in eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy. Stir in flour mixture just until blended.
- COMBINE remaining 3 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon in small bowl.
- SHAPE dough into 1-inch balls and roll in sugar-cinnamon mixture to coat. (If dough is too soft to handle, dust hands lightly with sugar-cinnamon mixture.) Place about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet .
- BAKE 6 to 7 minutes or until set around edges. (The center of cookie will be soft.) Cool on wire rack.
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 60 (Calories from Fat 25), Total Fat 3g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 45mg, Total Carbohydrate 9g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 5g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
To measure flour, stir it, spoon it gently into a dry measuring cup, and level it with a straight edge. Do not pack it or shake it down.
To prevent cookies from becoming soggy, allow them to cool completely on wire racks before storing in an airtight container.