White Lily Cream Biscuits
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 10 min
- Total Time:
- 20 min
- 12 biscuits
- 1 3/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- HEAT oven to 500°F.
- PLACE flour in large bowl. Gradually stir in cream, adding only enough to moisten flour to a sticky dough.
- TURN dough onto lightly floured surface. Fold two times to form a ball. Do not knead. Pat or roll dough gently to 1/2-inch thickness.
- CUT with floured 2-inch biscuit cutter, leaving as little dough between cuts as possible. Gather remaining dough and re-roll one time; cut as described above. Discard scraps.
- PLACE biscuits on baking sheet with sides touching for soft Southern-style biscuits or close together but not touching for biscuit with crisp sides. Brush tops with melted butter.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes, or until tops are golden brown. Serve hot out of the oven.
Serving Size (1/12), Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 240mg, Total Carbohydrate 14g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
To quickly bring eggs to room temperature, dip them in a bowl of warm water. Cut butter into small chunks and let stand at room temperature 15 minutes to soften.
To measure flour, stir it, spoon it gently into a dry measuring cup, and level it with a straight edge. Do not pack it or shake it down.