White Lily® Chocolate Dipped Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 2 1/2 dozen cookies
- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 1/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl. Set aside. Combine 1/4 cup shortning, peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla in a large bowl, beat 2 minutes.
- Add sour cream and half the dry ingredients. Stir with a wooden spoon. Stir in remaining dry ingredients. With oiled hands roll dough into 2-inch balls (about 2 tablespoons); place on prepared baking sheet about 3 inches apart. Flatten in crisscross pattern with floured fork to about 1/2-inch thickness. Bake at 375º F. for 9 to 11 minutes or until cookies begin to look dry on top. (Cookies will not be brown.) Remove from oven; cool 2 minutes. Remove cookies to cooling racks with metal spatula. Cool completely.
- For dip, microwave chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl until melted, about 1 minute. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons shortening; stir until blended. Dip half of each cookie in the melted chocolate mixture. Cool on wax paper in refrigerator until set.
Serving Size (1/30), Calories 200 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 52mg, Sodium 95mg, Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 12g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
To prevent flat cookies, ensure baking sheets are at room temperature before placing the dough.
Do not store soft and crisp cookies in the same container, or the crisp cookies will soften.