White Chicken Chili Pot Pie
- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 25 min
- Total Time:
- 45 min
- 6 servings
- 2 teaspoons Crisco® Light Tasting Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles, drained
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1/4 cup White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 (14 to 16 oz.) cans great Northern or navy beans
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- HEAT oil in large skillet. Add onion; cook about 4 minutes or until translucent. Add green chiles, cumin, salt, red pepper flakes and flour. Stir 2 minutes, or until thick and flour has browned slightly.
- ADD beans and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Simmer 10 minutes or until thickened.
- ADD chicken. Pour into 2-quart baking dish or 12-inch cast-iron skillet.
- COMBINE flour, cheese, milk and egg in medium bowl. Spread dough over chili. Bake 25 minutes or until biscuit crust is golden brown.
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe), Calories 460 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 90mg, Sodium 1060mg, Total Carbohydrate 53g (Dietary Fiber 8g, Sugars 2g), Protein 34g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 40%, Iron 25%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.