Tart Cherry Chocolate Torte
- Prep Time:
- 25 min
- Cook Time:
- 30 min
- Total Time:
- 4 hr
- 8 to 10 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup White Lily® All Purpose Wheat Flour & White Grape Seed Flour Blend
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (8 oz.) container mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1 (15 oz.) can pitted sour or tart cherries, drained
- Grated semi-sweet chocolate, chocolate curls or toasted sliced almonds
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat bottom of 9-inch springform pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT butter, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Beat in eggs. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Gradually add to creamed mixture, beating until well blended. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until cake is set in center. (Cake will not test done with toothpick.) Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- BEAT cream, powdered sugar and almond extract in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Beat in mascarpone cheese until blended. Spread over cake in pan.
- CHILL several hours. Remove sides of pan. Arrange cherries over cream layer. Garnish with chocolate, if desired.
Serving Size (1 of 8 slices), Calories 590 (Calories from Fat 340), Total Fat 38g (Saturated Fat 22g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 155mg, Sodium 230mg, Total Carbohydrate 60g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 48g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 35%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 10%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.