Sweet Golden Batter Bread
- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 40 min
- Total Time:
- 4 hr
- 16 to 20 servings
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (105 to 115°F)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Unbleached Bread Flour
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- DISSOLVE yeast in warm water in large bowl. Heat milk and butter until melted. Add sugar and salt to milk mixture. Cool to lukewarm.
- STIR together yeast mixture, milk mixture, eggs and vanilla. Gradually mix in flour. Beat until smooth (dough will be sticky). Coat large bowl with no-stick cooking spray. Place dough in bowl, turning to coat surface. Cover with damp towel or plastic wrap; let rise in warm place until double in size, about 2 hours.
- COAT 10-inch fluted tube pan with no-stick cooking spray. Stir down dough and place in prepared pan. Let rise in warm place about 1 hour.
- HEAT oven to 325°F. Bake 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool slightly. Serve warm.
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of bread), Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 200mg, Total Carbohydrate 32g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 7g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
To measure flour, stir it, spoon it gently into a dry measuring cup, and level it with a straight edge. Do not pack it or shake it down.
If your muffins are flat or peaked on top, increase the oven temperature 25°F. If they're cracked or uneven on top, reduce the oven temperature 25°F.