Sweet Blueberry Drop Biscuits
- Prep Time:
- 8 min
- Cook Time:
- 10 min
- Total Time:
- 20 min
- 12 biscuits
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening, chilled
- 2/3 to 3/4 cups milk or buttermilk, plus additional as needed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, if frozen, do not thaw
- HEAT oven to 500º F. Spray baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour and sugar into bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender until crumbs are the size of peas. Blend in just enough milk with a fork until dough leaves sides of bowl. If needed, add more milk to form soft dough. Gently stir in blueberries.
- DROP dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet 1 to 2 inches apart. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- COOL 2 minutes. Split and serve warm with butter.
Serving Size (1 biscuit of 12), Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 250mg, Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 8g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 6%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
To measure flour, stir it, spoon it gently into a dry measuring cup, and level it with a straight edge. Do not pack it or shake it down.
To quickly bring eggs to room temperature, dip them in a bowl of warm water. Cut butter into small chunks and let stand at room temperature 15 minutes to soften.