Sugar Cookie Cut-Outs
- Prep Time:
- 30 min
- Cook Time:
- 8 min
- Total Time:
- 3 hr 40 min
- 36 cookies
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Beat 3/4 cup sugar, butter and shortening in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla until light and fluffy. Stir in flour mixture just until blended. Divide in half. Wrap in plastic wrap; chill several hours or overnight.
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- ROLL half the dough at a time on floured pastry cloth or other floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with 2 1/2-inch cookie cutters. Gently transfer to ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle cookies with remaining 1/4 cup sugar or decorate as desired.
- BAKE 7 to 8 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool on wire rack.
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 35), Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 50mg, Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 6g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Do not store soft and crisp cookies in the same container, or the crisp cookies will soften.
To prevent cookies from becoming soggy, allow them to cool completely on wire racks before storing in an airtight container.