Spiced Apple Filled Crepes with Crisp Pecan Topping
- Prep Time:
- 30 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- Total Time:
- 1 hr
- 4 servings
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- Dash salt
- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
SPICED APPLE FILLING
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups peeled and chopped Granny Smith apples (about 2 medium)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Smucker's® Sundae Syrup™ Caramel Flavored Syrup
- Vanilla ice cream or frozen, thawed whipped topping
- WHISK together milk, egg, sugar and oil. Gradually whisk in 1/2 cup flour and salt.
- HEAT a 6-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Coat with no-stick cooking spray. Add about 1/4 cup batter. Tilt skillet to spread batter to edges of pan. Return to heat. Cook until crepe is browned on one side, about 45 seconds. Slide crepe onto a plate, using a spatula to loosen edges. Repeat until all batter is used to make 8 crepes.
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with no-stick cooking spray.
- MELT 1 tablespoon butter in small skillet. Add apples and orange juice. Cook over medium heat about 3 minutes.
- COMBINE brown sugar, 1/4 cup flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in small bowl. Cut in remaining 3 tablespoons butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir half the crumb mixture into apples. Remove from heat. Reserve remaining crumbs for topping.
- SPOON one rounded tablespoon apple filling in center of unbrowned side of crepe. Fold two opposite sides of crepe over filling, leaving ends open. Place seam side down in baking dish. Combine reserved crumbs with pecans. Sprinkle over crepes.
- BAKE 20 minutes or until hot. Serve with caramel topping, ice cream or whipped topping, if desired.
- Crepes can be made ahead and frozen. Layer between parchment paper; place in large freezer bag. The filling can also be made ahead. Fill crepes and bake just before serving.
Serving Size (2 crepes, 1/4 of recipe), Calories 420 (Calories from Fat 190), Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 85mg, Sodium 200mg, Total Carbohydrate 52g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 31g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 10%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.