Savory Peanut Soup
- Prep Time:
- 5 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- Total Time:
- 25 min
- 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 tablespoons White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 2/3 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans chicken broth
- Sour cream or plain yogurt
- HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add flour; stir constantly 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture is light brown.
- ADD garlic; stir an additional 1 minute. Add tomato paste, peanut butter, red pepper and 1/4 cup chicken broth. Stir and heat until smooth.
- ADD remaining broth; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon into bowls and top with sour cream if desired.
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 330 (Calories from Fat 230), Total Fat 26g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 1220mg, Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 7g), Protein 13g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 0%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.