Sausage and Cheese Breakfast Biscuits
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 15 min
- Total Time:
- 30 min
- 12 to 15 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup cooked bulk sausage, drained and crumbled
- 1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup milk or buttermilk
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Spray baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- PLACE flour and cayenne pepper in medium to large bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is the size of peas. Add sausage, cheese and milk. Mix well.
- TURN dough onto lightly floured surface; knead 8 or 10 times. Roll to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut using 2-inch cutter. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes.
Serving Size (1 biscuit of 12), Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 330mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 1g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Knead biscuit dough gently, 5-6 times, on a clean, lightly floured pastry cloth, just until dough holds together and can be rolled out.
Roll biscuit dough to about 1/2-inch thickness to ensure good height. Cut biscuits with a sharp-edged cutter, straight down, without twisting the cutter.