Raspberry Cream Wafers
- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 10 min
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 45 min
- 60 wafers
- 2 1/3 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened, divided
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons Smucker's® Red Raspberry Preserves
- COMBINE flour, 1 cup butter and cream in large bowl until blended. Divide dough into thirds; shape each into a flattened ball. Wrap in plastic wrap; chill about 1 hour.
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Cover a sheet of wax paper with granulated sugar.
- ROLL one round of dough at a time to 1/8 to 1/4 inch thickness on floured pastry cloth (do not roll too thin).
- CUT with 1 1/2-inch cookie cutter. Place on prepared wax paper. Turn to coat both sides of cookies. Place on ungreased baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Pierce each cookie 3 or 4 times with fork.
- BAKE 7 to 9 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on wire rack.
- BEAT remaining 1/2 cup butter, powdered sugar and almond extract in medium bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 or 3 minutes.
- STIR in raspberry preserves to achieve a swirled appearance. Just before serving, sandwich two cookies together with 1 teaspoon of filling.
Serving Size (1 sandwich cookie), Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 65mg, Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 8g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
To prevent cookies from browning too quickly on the bottom, place an empty baking sheet in the oven under the sheet with cookies.
Do not store soft and crisp cookies in the same container, or the crisp cookies will soften.