Raspberry-Almond Meringue Bars
- Prep Time:
- 25 min
- Cook Time:
- 40 min
- Total Time:
- 2 hr
- 24 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 3/4 cups White Lily® All-Purpose Wheat Flour and Almond Flour Blend
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup sliced almonds, divided
- 3/4 cup Smucker's® Red Raspberry Preserves
- HEAT oven to 350°. Coat 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT butter and powdered sugar in large bowl with mixer on high speed until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour blend; mix well. Spread evenly in prepared pan. Bake 20 minutes.
- BEAT egg whites in medium bowl with mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until stiff peaks form. Fold in coconut and 1/2 cup almonds.
- SPREAD preserves over crust. Top with meringue mixture. Sprinkle evenly with remaining almonds. Bake 20 minutes or until almonds are lightly toasted. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Serving Size (1 of 24 bars), Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 55mg, Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 12g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.