Pumpkin Spice Cornbread Muffins
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- Total Time:
- 35 min
- 12 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Spray 12 muffin cups lightly with no-stick cooking spray or line with baking cups.
- COMBINE cornmeal mix, cinnamon and nutmeg in large bowl.
- WHISK together egg, pumpkin, milk, honey and oil in small bowl. Add to cornmeal mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- SPOON or scoop batter into muffin cups to about 2/3 full.
- BAKE 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Serving Size (1 muffin of 12), Calories 200 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 420mg, Total Carbohydrate 33g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 12g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 35%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Yeast needs a warm environment to make bread rise. Avoid extreme heat or cold, which can inactivate the yeast.
When making pizza crusts, use 2 to 2-1/2 cups of bread flour (hard wheat) or 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour (soft wheat).