White Lily® Southern Cornbread
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 40 min
- 8 servings
- 1 teaspoon Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
OR 1 teaspoon Array
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
OR 2 cups Array
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk or 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Spoon shortening into 8-inch ovenproof skillet or 8-inch round or square baking pan. Place in oven to heat for about 5 minutes.
- WHISK egg in medium bowl. Stir in cornmeal mix, sugar, buttermilk and oil just until moistened (batter will be lumpy). Carefully tilt skillet to coat bottom with shortening. Pour batter into skillet.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.