White Lily® Snickerdoodles
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 15 min
- 6 dozen cookies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, plus 3 tbsps., divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
OR 1/2 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Spray baking sheets lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
- BEAT sugar, butter and shortening in large bowl with electric mixer. Beat in eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy. Stir in flour mixture just until blended.
- COMBINE remaining 3 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon in small bowl.
- SHAPE dough into 1-inch balls and roll in sugar-cinnamon mixture to coat. (If dough is too soft to handle, dust hands lightly with sugar-cinnamon mixture.) Place about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet .
- BAKE 6 to 7 minutes or until set around edges. (The center of cookie will be soft.) Cool on wire rack.