White Lily® Light Yeast Rolls
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 3 hr
- 30 rolls
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (105° to 115°F)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 6 cups White Lily® Enriched Unbleached Bread Flour, divided
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
yeast in warm water in large bowl. Combine milk, sugar, salt and shortening in medium saucepan. Heat to 115°F stirring until shortening is melted. Add to yeast mixture. Stir in egg. Beat in 3 cups flour until fairly smooth. Stir in enough of remaining flour to make a very soft dough.
onto lightly floured surface. Knead 5 minutes, adding more flour if needed. Shape into a ball. Coat large bowl generously with no-stick cooking spray. Place dough in bowl, turning to coat surface. Cover with towel. Let rise in a warm place 1 1/2 hours or until doubled in size.
two 13 x 9-inch pans with no-stick cooking spray. Divide dough into 30 equal pieces. Shape into balls. Place 15 balls in each prepared pan. Cover with towel. Let rise in a warm place about 20 minutes or until doubled in size.
oven to 400°F. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Brush tops with butter. Remove from pan. Serve warm.