White Lily® Frosted Soft Sugar Cookies
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 1 hr
- 2 1/2 dozen cookies
- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 1/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Food coloring
- Colored sugar or sprinkles
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat large baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl. Set aside. Combine shortening, sugar, egg, and 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla in a large bowl, beat 2 minutes.
- ADD sour cream and half the dry ingredients. Stir with a wooden spoon. Stir in remaining dry ingredients. With oiled hands roll dough into 2-inch balls (about 2 tablespoons); place on prepared baking sheet about 3 inches apart. Dip bottom of a glass into flour; press dough down to about 1/2-inch thickness.
- BAKE 10 to 11 minutes or until cookies begin to look dry on top (cookies will not brown). Remove from oven; cool 2 minutes. Remove cookies to cooling racks with metal spatula. Cool completely.
- BEAT butter until creamy in a large bowl. Add powdered sugar, milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla; beat on low until blended. Beat on medium until light and fluffy. Add more milk if frosting is too thick. Stir in food coloring, if desired. Spread on cookies, sprinkle with colored sugar.