White Lily® Cream Biscuits
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 20 min
- 12 biscuits
- 1 3/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- HEAT oven to 500°F.
- MEASURE flour in large bowl. Gradually stir in cream, adding only enough to moisten flour to a sticky dough.
- TURN dough onto lightly floured surface. Fold two times to form a ball. Do not knead. Pat or roll dough gently to 1/2-inch thickness.
- CUT with floured 2-inch biscuit cutter, leaving as little dough between cuts as possible. Gather remaining dough and re-roll one time; cut as described above. Discard scraps.
- PLACE biscuits on baking sheet with sides touching for soft Southern-style biscuits or close together but not touching for biscuits with crisp sides. Brush tops with melted butter.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.