White Lily® Buttermilk Pie
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 2 hr
- 8 servings
- Flaky Pie Crust
- 1/4 cup White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups fresh berries or sliced peaches
- HEAT oven to 400°F.
- PREPARE single pie crust according to recipe directions, using a 9-inch pie plate; chill.
- COMBINE flour, sugar and salt in large bowl. Combine butter, eggs and buttermilk in small bowl. Add to flour mixture. Stir in vanilla.
- POUR into chilled unbaked pie crust. Sprinkle top with nutmeg.
- BAKE 45 to 50 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with fruit.