White Lily® Basic Sugar Cookies
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 1 hr
- 3 dozen
- 2 3/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Whisk gently to blend ingredients. Set aside.
- BEAT butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer on high speed until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add egg and vanilla. Mix on medium speed until blended, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- ADD flour mixture to butter mixture. Beat on medium speed until dough forms. Roll dough into 36 (1 1/4-inch) balls. Place on baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly with bottom of glass that has been dipped in flour.
- BAKE 9 to 10 minutes or until edges begin to brown lightly. Remove to wire rack to cool completely. Decorate as desired.