Touch of Grace Biscuits
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 30 min
- 10 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup cold heavy cream
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Coat small (6 to 8-inch) round cake pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour, sugar and salt in medium bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is the size of peas. Stir in cream, then buttermilk (dough should look like cottage cheese).
- POUR 1 cup all-purpose flour onto a plate or pie tin. With a medium ice cream scoop or spoon, scoop a biscuit-size lump of wet dough into the flour; sprinkle some flour over it to coat the outside.
- PICK up dough with well-floured hands. Form into general soft round shape while shaking off excess flour. Place in prepared pan. Repeat with rest of dough, pressing each biscuit against the other so they will rise up and not spread out.
- BAKE in center of oven until lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- BRUSH biscuits with melted butter. Cool one or two minutes in pan. Serve hot.