The White Lily Cake with Berries
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 3 hr
- 12 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 2 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk or sour cream*
- 3/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond, lemon or coconut extract
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries and blueberries
oven to 350°F. Coat 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan with flour no-stick cooking spray.
flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in large bowl. Add buttermilk and shortening; beat two minutes with electric mixer.
unbeaten egg whites, vanilla and choice of extract. Beat an additional two minutes, scraping sides of bowl as needed. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Tap pan on counter several times to remove air bubbles.
25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack completely before frosting. Frost and garnish with fresh berries.
powdered sugar, milk, vanilla or almond extract and salt in large glass bowl. Top with butter.
on HIGH (100% power) 1 to 2 minutes, until mixture can be beaten smooth. Add additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, if necessary to achieve spreading consistency. Frosts one 13 x 9-inch cake.
three 8-inch or two 9-inch round pans with flour no-stick cooking spray. Line bottom of pans with parchment paper cut to fit. Coat paper with flour no-stick cooking spray. Follow above directions for batter. Bake 22 to 25 minutes. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes before removing from pans. Finish cooling on wire rack. Frost and fill as desired.
- *Substitute 1 cup milk plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice for buttermilk.