Taco Cornbread Olé
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 1 hr
- 4 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 oz.) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup peeled, sliced, chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
oven to 425°F. Lightly spray an 8-inch square pan with no-stick cooking spray.
cornmeal mix and sugar. Make a well in center of cornmeal mixture.
eggs, milk and oil. Add all at once to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. (Batter should be lumpy.) Pour into prepared pan.
20 to 25 minutes.
ground beef and onions in large skillet; drain well. Combine beef mixture, tomato sauce and taco seasoning mix. Cook 5 minutes. Stir in 1 cup chopped tomato and olives; cook until heated.
cornbread into 4 squares. Split each square in half horizontally. Spoon meat mixture evenly over bottom half of cornbread square. Top with remaining half of cornbread square.
sour cream, green onions and 1/4 cup chopped tomato. Spoon on top of each square; sprinkle with cheese.