Sweet Potato Cornbread
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 50 min
- 8 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup baked, peeled and mashed sweet potato, or 1 cup mashed canned sweet potato
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
oven to 375ºF. Coat generously 10 1/2-inch cast iron skillet with no-stick cooking spray. Place in oven to heat about 10 minutes.
together sweet potatoes, eggs, brown sugar, buttermilk and oil in large bowl until smooth. Stir in cornmeal mix and pumpkin pie spice until well blended. Pour into hot skillet.
40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.