Sweet Potato Cornbread
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 50 min
- 8 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup baked, peeled and mashed sweet potato, or 1 cup mashed canned sweet potato
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Coat generously 10 1/2-inch cast iron skillet with no-stick cooking spray. Place in oven to heat about 10 minutes.
- BLEND together sweet potatoes, eggs, brown sugar, buttermilk and oil in large bowl until smooth. Stir in cornmeal mix and pumpkin pie spice until well blended. Pour into hot skillet.
- BAKE 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.