Sweet Blueberry Drop Biscuits
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 20 min
- 12 biscuits
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening, chilled
- 2/3 to 3/4 cups milk or buttermilk, plus additional as needed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, if frozen, do not thaw
oven to 500º F. Spray baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
flour and sugar into bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender until crumbs are the size of peas. Blend in just enough milk with a fork until dough leaves sides of bowl. If needed, add more milk to form soft dough. Gently stir in blueberries.
dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet 1 to 2 inches apart. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
2 minutes. Split and serve warm with butter.