Sugar Cookie Cut-Outs
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 3 hr 40 min
- 36 cookies
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
OR 1/3 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Beat 3/4 cup sugar, butter and shortening in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla until light and fluffy. Stir in flour mixture just until blended. Divide in half. Wrap in plastic wrap; chill several hours or overnight.
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- ROLL half the dough at a time on floured pastry cloth or other floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with 2 1/2-inch cookie cutters. Gently transfer to ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle cookies with remaining 1/4 cup sugar or decorate as desired.
- BAKE 7 to 8 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool on wire rack.