Strawberry Banana Split Waffles
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 20 min
- 6 to 8 servings
- 1 3/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 pint fresh strawberries or 1 (10 oz.) package frozen strawberries
- 1 cup sliced bananas
- 4 cups strawberry ice cream, softened (1 quart)
- PLACE flour and sugar in medium bowl. Combine egg yolks, buttermilk and oil in separate small bowl. Stir into flour just until moistened. Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold into batter (do not overmix).
- BAKE in waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions.
- SLICE strawberries. Combine with bananas. Sweeten, if desired. Place hot waffle on serving plate. Top with frozen yogurt and fruit.