Southwestern Turkey Pie with Cheddar Crust
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 10 min
- 8 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 tablespoon White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 1 1/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, coarsely chopped (red, green or combination)
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (16 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (8 oz.) can chunky salsa
- 1 cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese
oven to 375°F. Spray a 9-inch deep dish pie plate with no-stick cooking spray. Add cornmeal mix to coat bottom of pie plate; set aside.
flour, 1 cup cheese, salt and 1/3 cup butter in medium bowl until crumbly; press into bottom and up sides of pie plate. Set aside.
2 tablespoons butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and pepper; cook and stir until onion is translucent, 3 to 4 minutes.
turkey, cumin, oregano and salt. Cook and stir 2 minutes over medium heat to combine flavors.
turkey mixture into prepared crust. Layer sour cream, black beans, corn and salsa over turkey mixture.
on lowest oven rack 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Top with 1 cup cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Makes 8 servings.