Southern Sweet Potato Peach Pie
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 2 hr 30 min
- 8 servings
- 1 3/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup finely ground pecans
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening, chilled in freezer
- 6 tablespoons butter, chilled, cut into pieces
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 to 6 tablespoons ice cold water
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 cups sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 1 (17 oz.) can sweet potatoes, mashed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups cream or milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Smucker's® Peach Preserves
flour, nuts and 3/4 teaspoon salt in large bowl. Cut in shortening and butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is the size of peas.
egg yolk, lemon juice and 3 tablespoons ice water. Stir with fork until dough just begins to form a soft ball. Add additional tablespoons of water, one at a time, if necessary. (Dough should be moist but not sticky.) Form into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap; flatten into 6-inch disk. Chill 15 minutes.
oven to 400°F. Roll out dough to 14-inch circle on floured surface. Carefully fold dough in half; unfold into 10-inch pie plate. Fold edge under. Flute. Prick sides and bottom of crust with fork. Line pie crust bottom and sides with foil.
15 minutes. Remove foil. Cool on wire rack. Place a baking sheet in oven to heat. Keep oven at 400°F.
eggs and egg yolk until frothy in mixing bowl. Blend in sweet potatoes until smooth. Mix in sugar, cream, melted butter, pumpkin pie spice, salt and preserves. Pour into partially baked crust. Place on hot baking sheet.
45 to 50 minutes or until top is golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Serve with whipped cream.