Southern-Style Corn Meal Fried Catfish
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 20 min
- 4 servings
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 4 catfish fillets (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 1 cup White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, sliced
- HEAT 2 to 3 tablespoons oil in large, heavy skillet. Wash and drain catfish fillets.
- PLACE cornmeal mix in shallow pan. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of catfish fillets. Coat with cornmeal mix.
- FRY 2 fillets at a time in skillet about 4 minutes per side or until flaky and golden brown, adding additional oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Keep warm in 200°F oven until ready to serve. Serve with lemon slices.