Skillet Chili with Cornbread Topping
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 45 min
- 4 to 6 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (16 oz.) can pinto beans, drained
- 2 (14 1/2 oz.) cans Mexican or chili seasoned tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- HEAT oven to 425°F.
- BROWN ground beef in 10-inch cast iron or heatproof skillet; drain. Add beans and tomatoes. Simmer 10 minutes.
- COMBINE cornmeal mix, cheese, egg, oil and milk. Pour over meat mixture in skillet.
- BAKE 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.