Shortcakes with Fresh Strawberries
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 45 min
- 4 shortcakes
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Unbleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, plus 1/3 cup, divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 1/4 cups heavy cream, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 cups Smucker's® Strawberry Preserves
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
oven to 425°F.
flour and 2 tablespoons sugar. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until crumbs are the size of peas. Blend in 3/4 cup cream with fork until dough holds together.
dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead 2 to 3 times. Roll to 3/4-inch thickness. Cut using floured 4-inch biscuit cutter. Place on baking sheet. Brush tops with 2 tablespoons cream. Sprinkle tops with 2 tablespoons sugar.
18 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
strawberries with 1 cup sugar. Whip 1 1/2 cups cream and 1/3 cup sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form.
biscuits in half horizontally. Spread bottom half with preserves, top with strawberries and whipped cream. Place top half over whipped cream. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.