Shortcakes with Fresh Strawberries
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 45 min
- 4 shortcakes
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Unbleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, plus 1/3 cup, divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 1/4 cups heavy cream, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 cups Smucker's® Strawberry Preserves
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 425°F.
- COMBINE flour and 2 tablespoons sugar. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until crumbs are the size of peas. Blend in 3/4 cup cream with fork until dough holds together.
- TURN dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead 2 to 3 times. Roll to 3/4-inch thickness. Cut using floured 4-inch biscuit cutter. Place on baking sheet. Brush tops with 2 tablespoons cream. Sprinkle tops with 2 tablespoons sugar.
- BAKE 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
- TOSS strawberries with 1 cup sugar. Whip 1 1/2 cups cream and 1/3 cup sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- CUT biscuits in half horizontally. Spread bottom half with preserves, top with strawberries and whipped cream. Place top half over whipped cream. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.