Shortcakes with Fresh Strawberries
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 45 min
- 8 servings
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Unbleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pint cold heavy cream (2 cups), divided
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, plus additional for garnish
- 4 cups sliced strawberries, sweetened to taste
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Combine flour and 3 tablespoons sugar in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until crumbs are the size of peas. Blend in 3/4 cup cream with fork until dough holds together.
- TURN dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead 4 to 5 times. Roll out to 3/4-inch thickness. Cut using floured 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter. Place on baking sheet. Reroll scraps to cut remaining shortcakes. Brush tops with 1 tablespoon cream. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- BAKE 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
- BEAT remaining cream and powdered sugar in medium bowl with mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- SPLIT biscuits in half horizontally. Top bottom halves with strawberries and whipped cream. Place top halves over whipped cream. Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar, if desired.