Sausage and Cheese Breakfast Biscuits
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 30 min
- 12 to 15 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup cooked bulk sausage, drained and crumbled
- 1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup milk or buttermilk
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Spray baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- PLACE flour and cayenne pepper in medium to large bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is the size of peas. Add sausage, cheese and milk. Mix well.
- TURN dough onto lightly floured surface; knead 8 or 10 times. Roll to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut using 2-inch cutter. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes.