Pumpkin Walnut Waffles
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 1 hr
- 4 servings
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin, (do not use pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, plus additional for garnish, if desired
- Hungry Jack® Original Syrup
- HEAT waffle iron.
- COMBINE flour and pumpkin pie spice in large bowl.
- BEAT egg yolks in small bowl until thick and lemon-colored. Stir in milk, oil and pumpkin. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
- BEAT egg whites until stiff; fold into batter. (Do not overmix; it is best to leave a bit of egg white not blended.) Fold in nuts.
- BAKE in waffle iron according to manufacturers instructions.
- SERVE with syrup and additional chopped walnuts, if desired.