Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 45 min
- 18 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 2 1/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 oz.) can pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 large eggs
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 6 tablespoons butter , softened
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, if desired
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat lightly spray 13 x 9-inch baking pan with flour no-stick spray.
- BLEND together flour, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Beat pumpkin, oil and eggs into flour mixture with electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 1 hour or until completely cooled.
- BEAT butter and cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer at medium high speed until smooth. Add vanilla and powdered sugar. Beat until smooth. Spread frosting on cool cake. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Refrigerate until ready to serve.