- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 2 hr 30 min
- 48 rolls
- 2 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Unbleached Bread Flour
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- COOK potatoes in boiling water about 20 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes, reserving 1/2 cup potato water. Combine potato water and milk; heat until warm (105° to 115°F). Stir in yeast and sugar. Let stand until dissolved.
- MASH potatoes to equal 1 cup. Combine potatoes, oil, egg, salt and yeast mixture. Blend well. Add enough flour to make a stiff dough. Turn onto lightly floured surface. Knead 10 minutes, adding more flour if needed.
- COAT large bowl with no-stick cooking spray. Place dough in bowl, turning to coat surface. Cover with towel or plastic wrap. Let rise in warm place about 1 1/2 hours or until double in size.
- COAT four 9-inch round cake pans with no-stick cooking spray. Divide dough into 4 equal pieces, then each quarter into 12 pieces. Shape each piece into a ball, pulling edges under to make a smooth top. Place 12 balls, smooth side up, in each prepared pan. Cover. Let rise in warm place 20 to 30 minutes or until double in size.
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush tops with melted butter. Remove from pans. Serve warm.