Pimento Cheese Biscuits
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 35 min
- 12 biscuits
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (2 oz.) jar diced pimentos, drained on paper towel
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2/3 to 3/4 cups buttermilk or milk
- HEAT oven to 450ºF. Coat 9-inch round cake pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- For Pimento Cheese: STIR together all ingredients until well blended. Set aside.
- For Biscuit Dough: MEASURE flour into large bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until crumbs are the size of peas. Blend in just enough milk with fork until dough leaves sides of bowl.
- TURN dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead gently 2 to 3 times. Roll dough into a 14 x 10-inch rectangle.
- DISTRIBUTE pimento cheese evenly over dough leaving about 3/4-inch on long sides uncovered. Roll up jelly-roll style beginning on a long side. Dampen edge with a little water and seal.
- SLICE into 12 rounds about 3/4-inch thick. Arrange in prepared pan. Bake 14 to 17 minutes or until golden brown.