Pepper Cheese Cornbread
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 35 min
- 8 servings
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, plus 1 tbsp., divided
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 1 1/3 cups milk or 1 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack pepper cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Coat an 8 or 10-inch heavy skillet with 1 tablespoon oil. Place in oven to preheat. Or spray an 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan with Crisco® No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- BLEND cornmeal mix with milk, 1/4 cup oil and egg. Stir just until blended. Add remaining ingredients, stirring gently. Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes for 8-inch skillet, 20 to 25 minutes for 10-inch skillet or 25 to 30 minutes for 8 x 8-inch pan.