Orange Marmalade Filled Cream Cheese Biscuits
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 25 min
- 12 biscuits
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Smucker's® Sweet Orange Marmalade, or any Smucker's® Preserves or Jam of your choice
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Spray a baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- PLACE flour in large bowl. Cut in cream cheese and butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk all at once. Stir just until blended.
- TURN dough onto lightly floured surface. Fold dough in half three times, pressing lightly between each fold.
- ROLL out dough to slightly less than 1/2-inch thick. Cut using a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Cut 6 slits though the dough around edges, leaving 1/4-inch in center uncut (this gives the biscuit the daisy shape).
- PRESS down on center of each biscuit with thumb. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon marmalade into center.
- BAKE 10 minutes or until biscuits are lightly browned.