Old-Fashioned Apple Pie
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 40 min
- 8 servings
- Flaky Pie Crust
- 7 cups peeled, cored and sliced Granny Smith apples, about 7 apples
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 4 tablespoons butter, chilled
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar
oven to 425°F.
pie dough for double crust pie. Place bottom crust in 9-inch pan; chill.
apple slices with lemon juice in large bowl. Mix sugar, flour, cinnamon, cloves and allspice in small bowl. Add to apple slices; toss.
bottom crust with apple mixture, mounding it carefully. Dot mixture with small pieces of chilled butter.
top crust over apples. Brush with egg; sprinkle with sugar. Prick with fork or cut slits to vent steam.
45 to 50 minutes. Cover rim lightly with aluminum foil to prevent overbrowning. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.