Oatmeal Cranberry Walnut Cookies
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 1 hr
- 60 cookies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup dried cranberries*
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts**
oven to 375º F. Lightly spray baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
shortening, brown sugar, egg, milk and vanilla in a large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed, until well blended.
flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Beat flour mixture into shortening mixture at low speed until combined. Stir in cranberries and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet.
10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to cooling rack.
1 cup dried cherries, dried blueberries, currants, candy coated chocolate candies, chocolate chunks or white chocolate chunks for cranberries, if desired.
**Substitute 3/4 cup chopped pecans, pistachios or hazelnuts for walnuts, if desired.