Mexican Corn Bread
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 50 min
- 8 servings
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, plus 1 tbsp., divided
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 (8 oz.) container sour cream
- 1 (8 3/4 oz.) can cream-style corn
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup taco-flavored shredded cheese
oven to 350°F. Coat a 10-inch iron skillet with 1 tablespoon oil. Place in oven to preheat.
all ingredients except cheese, stirring just until moistened.
half of batter into hot skillet; sprinkle evenly with cheese. Pour remaining batter over cheese.
35 to 40 minutes.