Lemon Pound Cake
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
1 hr 30 min
- Total Time:
- 4 hr
- 16 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 2 3/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- HEAT oven to 325°F. Coat a 10-inch tube pan with baking spray with flour. Stir together flour and baking soda in small bowl.
- BEAT butter in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed about 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar and continue beating 7 minutes or until mixture is fluffy and sugar is dissolved.
- BEAT in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in lemon juice and extract. Gradually add flour mixture and sour cream, beating on low speed just until combined. Fold in lemon peel.
- SPREAD batter in prepared pan. Bake 80 to 90 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from edge comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.