Lemon Curd Tartlets with Raspberries
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 2 hr 30 min
- 24 tartlets
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Dash salt
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into slices
- 1 (3 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- Fresh red raspberries, rinsed and drained
- WHISK lemon juice, lemon peel, 1/2 cup sugar, salt and eggs in a heavy 2-quart saucepan. Stir in 6 tablespoons butter. Cook over medium low heat, whisking frequently, until curd is thick enough to hold marks of whisk. Pour curd through a sieve to remove zest. Transfer to small bowl. Cover and chill.
- BEAT cream cheese and 1/2 cup butter in a large bowl, with electric mixer at medium speed, until fluffy. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add 2 tablespoons sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add flour. Beat on low speed until combined. Wrap dough in plastic wrap. Chill one hour.
- HEAT oven to 325º F. Shape dough into 24 one-inch balls. Press into bottom and up sides of ungreased miniature muffin cups. Bake 25 to 30 minutes. Cool 2 minutes and remove to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- FILL tart shells with 1 heaping tablespoon lemon curd just before serving. Top with several fresh red raspberries.
- Lemon curd keeps chilled for one week.