Layered Lemon Chocolate Pie
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 5 hr
- 8 servings
- 1 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon mace
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
OR 1/2 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 4 tablespoons ice cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/4 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 (8 oz.) container vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Hot Fudge Topping
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Grated lemon peel
- HEAT oven to 450°F.
- COMBINE flour, salt, ginger and mace in large bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add water a little at a time, mixing with fork until flour is moistened. Form dough into a ball.
- TURN onto lightly floured surface. Flatten and roll dough to form 12-inch circle. Fit into 9-inch pie plate. Trim pastry 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry to build up edge. Flute. Prick bottom and sides of pastry with fork.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until browned. Cool.
- COMBINE sugar, cornstarch and gelatin in medium saucepan.
- BEAT egg yolks and milk with a wire whisk, stir into gelatin mixture. Let stand 1 minute to soften gelatin. Cook over medium-low heat until mixure thickens and boils; about 8 minutes, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute.
- REMOVE from heat. Stir in butter. Gradually add lemon juice; blend throughly. Pour mixture into large bowl; refrigerate 45 minutes or until mixture mounds when dropped from a spoon. Fold in yogurt.
- SPREAD hot fudge topping over bottom of pie crust. Sprinkle with pecans, pressing firmly into sauce. Pour cooled lemon filling over fudge layer. Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
- GARNISH with frozen whipped topping and grated lemon peel, if desired.