Layered Lemon Chocolate Pie
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 5 hr
- 8 servings
- 1 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon mace
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 4 tablespoons ice cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/4 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 (8 oz.) container vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Hot Fudge Topping
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Grated lemon peel
oven to 450°F.
flour, salt, ginger and mace in large bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add water a little at a time, mixing with fork until flour is moistened. Form dough into a ball.
onto lightly floured surface. Flatten and roll dough to form 12-inch circle. Fit into 9-inch pie plate. Trim pastry 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry to build up edge. Flute. Prick bottom and sides of pastry with fork.
10 to 12 minutes or until browned. Cool.
sugar, cornstarch and gelatin in medium saucepan.
egg yolks and milk with a wire whisk, stir into gelatin mixture. Let stand 1 minute to soften gelatin. Cook over medium-low heat until mixure thickens and boils; about 8 minutes, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute.
from heat. Stir in butter. Gradually add lemon juice; blend throughly. Pour mixture into large bowl; refrigerate 45 minutes or until mixture mounds when dropped from a spoon. Fold in yogurt.
hot fudge topping over bottom of pie crust. Sprinkle with pecans, pressing firmly into sauce. Pour cooled lemon filling over fudge layer. Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
with frozen whipped topping and grated lemon peel, if desired.