Honey Orange Pecan Cake
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
1 hr 30 min
- Total Time:
- 2 hr 20 min
- 12 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 3/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh orange peel
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted (divided)*
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh orange peel
- HEAT oven to 325°F. Generously coat 10-inch tube or 10-cup fluted tube pan with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT butter in large bowl with electric mixer about 30 seconds or until creamy. Gradually add granulated sugar; beat 5 to 7 minutes until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add orange juice and almond extract.
- COMBINE flour and baking soda in small bowl; add alternately with sour cream to butter mixture. Beat on low speed after each addition, just until combined (do not overmix). Fold in orange peel.
- SPOON about 1/2 of batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecans. Spoon remaining batter over pecans. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- BAKE 1 1/2 hours or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool on wire rack.
ORANGE AND HONEY GLAZE
- MICROWAVE butter in 1-cup glass measure on HIGH (100% power) 1 minute or until melted. Stir in brown sugar, honey and orange peel. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute. Drizzle over cake.
- *To toast pecans: Place pecans in dry nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat, shaking pan until nuts are lightly browned.