Honey-Crunch Corn Dogs
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 30 min
- 10 servings
- 10 hot dogs
- Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, for deep frying
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 egg whites, beaten to stiff peaks
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- INSERT wooden skewers lengthwise into hot dogs, stopping about half way through. Fill electric skillet or deep fat fryer with oil (about 2 inches). Heat oil to 375°F.
- COMBINE cornmeal mix, milk, honey and 1 teaspoon oil in medium bowl. Fold in egg whites.
- DIP hot dogs into batter, then coat with crushed corn flakes.
- DIP carefully into hot oil, a few at a time. Fry 2 1/2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels.